6.29.2008

Picture Disaster/Cookout

I went and had Landon's pictures done at JC Penney when he was 4 weeks old and loved how they turned out. My mom bought me a subscription to Parents Magazine and every time one comes, there are tons of different coupons for pictures from different places. This last time there was a coupon from Olan Mills for $10 that expired on 6/29. I skipped his 8 week pictures for some reason and decided that I would have them done again when he was 12 weeks! (Which is today!) :) So I knew I had to use it soon. I made an appointment for this past Friday at 12:30. Normally that is when he is awake for a while and in a good mood. So I feed him at 11 and we head out about 12:15. We make it there with no crying (praise the Lord)!! We were the only ones there because there were no more appointments for Friday. So we sign and and head over the picture taking area. Well wouldn't you know that Landon decides to start screaming when I sit him down. So I pick him up and get him settled. He smiles while he's in my arms so I think we're ready. Nope I was wrong again! He starts crying again, but I decide to get him settled without picking him up! So then he just stares at the camera. No expression what-so-ever! We try everything. She takes some pictures but they are horrible. He looks like he could kill someone if he wanted too! She looks at me and says "I think we better quit. Maybe you should come back on a different day." I pick him up and he falls right to sleep. Grrr....every other day he is wide awake and happy at that time. I guess he had other plans! haha So we have rescheduled for tomorrow. Let's hope that it works this time!

He was so worn out from taking 6 pictures that he fell asleep on the way home and slept for 3 hours and 15 min!! Seriously?? He never does that...I guess I should take him to get his pictures done more often so that he will sleep! :)


That evening Sara Lynch had invited us over for a cookout! We gratefully accepted since my mom was in Atlanta at the Beth Moore conference and I had no clue what my dad and I would do for dinner! We went out there about 5:30 and I helped them get everything ready! We had so much fun just being completely silly and goofy! Sara loves her some Landon! :) She is great...she will always take him right when she sees him and will hold him until he is hungry or sleepy! Nancy, Sara's mom, loves him too! They crack me up with him! So we ate burgers and some tasty potatoes that Sara made and had watermelon for dessert! I had every intention of coming home at a normal time, but Landon had other plans! He wanted to stay and play with them!! After he was finally done flirting with them we left around 11! Totally didn't mean to stay that late, but they didn't mind! So the night was fun! Thanks Lynch's for having us over! Love ya'll!






No comments: