6.26.2008

Catching Up

So much has happened since Landon was born. I didn't really know how to jump from the day he was born until now, but I'll just do some filling in to get caught up.
It was such a crazy first week with him. We came home on a Tuesday and he had his first doctors appointment on Thursday. If I would have known what that was going to turn in to, I'm not sure anyone could have made me go. I absolutely love my pediatrician, Dr. Jattan. She is an amazing woman who truly cares for each of her patients! (And their parents too :) ) We went Thursday and she checked him out, and realized that he had lost too much weight; therefore, he was dehydrated and he was also jaundice. So for the next 5 days we were up and out of the house by 9am and on our way to the hospital to have heel pricks. Some people might think that 9am is not early, but when you have a newborn and don't feel so good, this is a HUGE thing. I think my mom and I started getting ready at the 4am feeding! :) Emotions were definitely soaring that week. Landon's jaundice levels kept going up and I started freaking out! I guess when ever someone else has a baby that has jaundice, I didn't think much of it and knew they would be ok, but when it's your own child...it's a totally different story! We made it through that week...Whew!
After all that I got a little stir crazy by week two and had to get out. Thankfully my dad thought of this great idea to go to Arabia Mtn. and go hiking after church. Mom and I met them there in the afternoon and hiked about 3-4 miles. I only did 2 and that was probably too much, but I survived!
Nothing other major happened after that except he got his 1 month pictures done! So fun!! My great friend and roomate, Whitney, came and went with me. We went to JC Penny and he definitely knew how to perform. :) He had just starting to somewhat smile. I didn't think he would smile for his pictures, but he did! We got some cute ones and I was very pleased with how they turned out!
Since then he has learned how to smile for real and laugh! As long as he is not hungry or mad, if you just look at him and talk he loves it! He will smile from ear to ear! He has also been working on rolling over. He did this for 3 days straight about 3 weeks ago while my parents were out of town, and as soon as they got home...he conviently forgot how to do it. But today he rolled over and my mom was actually watching so she believes me now!
There have been other exciting things happen in his life so far, but those will come in another blog all by themselves! I really can't think of anything else that is super exciting that has happened so far. These past 11 weeks have been so much fun and I can't believe he will be 12 weeks on Sunday! It's crazy how times fly and I can't wait to see what else he will do soon!!
Well I will write more about the "major" things that he doesn't remember in a little bit. I must go feed my crying child!!
Until then,
B

No comments: