6.28.2008

The Tomahawk Chop



He really did have fun!

(Sorry it's a little blurry)

So for those of you who don't know, I am slightly obsessed with the Atlanta Braves! I love any kind of baseball, but put me in front a TV witht he Braves on or at Turner Field and I am set! I feel like it is the one sport, besides soccer, that I really know what is going on and feel like I can talk about it with people and they don't look at me like what is this girl talking about!?!? I have always followed the MLB, but I really have followed it this season since I've been at home so much more. I think I've seen almost every Braves game this season....but don't get me started on that...I'm very sad at how bad they are doing! :( Anyways...I normally go to Braves games once or twice a week during the summer, but unfortunately I haven't been able to because of Landon. Although, I did get to go to Opening Night this year thanks to my father who gave me an extra ticket that he had right before Landon was born! So there I was huge as ever, doing my favorite...The Tomahawk Chop!

So I had been waiting for the day that I could take Landon to his first Braves game! The time finally came last Friday night! (If I could have, I would have taken Landon when he was 4 weeks old...but I knew I had to wait a little while longer!) My brother, Ben, surprised us last Thursday night and called and said he was coming home from Myrtle Beach with his friend Kent that also lives here in Conyers. My brother is expecting his first child in the next couple of weeks and he wanted to see my grandmother! (That will be a whole different blog) So on Friday, we decided to go the Braves game. Kent was already going with one of my great friends, Sara, but we decided to crash their party and go with them! So me, Landon, my brother, Michael Edwards, his girlfriend Krista, Kent, and Sara all went to the game! We met at Ruby Tuesdays first for appetizers and then all took the minivan downtown! :) We had 6 free tickets and got great seats on the third base line under the overhang. The Braves have been in an unfortunate slump and we were playing the worst team in the league, so we figured this game would be a great one to go to since we were bound to win. Haha. That was a joke since we lost! I've had this crazy luck that every time I go to the Braves game, I am on the big screen. Because I used to go so much and sit in the same area, one camera man knew me and all I had to do was wave to him and he would put me on there. We were not near him this time and were up under the overhang, but I still had every intention to be on there with Landon. He even has Braves onesies and I wanted everyone to see how cute he was. Unfortunately, we never made it on there, but I'm blaming that on our seats! Overall, we had a great time watching the Braves, doing the tomahawk chop, and most of all eating funnel cakes! It was super fun to get out and go somewhere with friends! I can't wait to take him to more games as he gets older! I am hoping with all my heart, that he wants to play baseball and maybe will love it as much as I do! :)
Just hanging out at the game! We were a little closer than the picture makes it look!

See his cute onesie!! It was just a little hot, so we opened it up to get a little air! :)


* A quick side note. For any of you that want to go to the Braves game sometime...go on a Friday night. It's Friday Night Fireworks!! They do an excellent fireworks show after the game. They turn all the lights off and do them over the outfield! It might be better than the 4th of July show at the Horsepark! ;)

2 comments:

Ben said...

I can't believe you didn't want to show everyone how my nephew was transported into Turner field!! BABY BJORN!!

Leslie said...

How fun! I am glad you were able to go and take Landon to his first game. Let me know if you ever want to go and leave him with me. That cutie pie! We could cheer them on from here. Love ya.