2.18.2011

Secret Cupid

Since Monday was Valentine's Day and we were here at school, I got together "Secret Cupid" for our staff. We played it just like Secret Santa except it only took place for one day. It was super fun because we had a smaller group and it was really fun people who participated. We were to give a small item in the morning such as chocolate, card, etc and a little clue. That afternoon we had a revealing party and all brought snacks and then revealed who our secret cupid was. I had Stephanie who teaches 3rd grade and I wanted to make her something. I totally stole the idea from Kroger, but it was $28 to buy...so I made it for only $11. These were my supplies...glass (I was originally looking for the 1950's soda fountain glass, but couldn't find it anywhere, so I went with the beer glass from Dollar Tree for only $1!!), 4 inch foam ball from the flower department, 4 bags of Twix, and hot glue!

I set the foam ball on the glass and kind of outlined where it touched so I would know where to start gluing the Twix on. (I did not glue the foam ball to the glass. It actually sat there just fine without being glued on.) I put a little hot glue on the end of the wrapper and then attached it to the foam. You have to hold it there for just a few seconds to get it to stick.


Half way done with it.


Another view of the half way point.



I started out using the "fun size" Twix and had only bought two bags of them. I ran out so Jay went to the store and bought me more. I told him to get me mini's (totally thinking that is what I had been using, but it wasn't) so when he got back I realized it was the wrong size, but it actually worked out better to use mini's on the top half. The mini's stuck out a little more and looked cuter like that.


At the top I attached some red stuff....I don't know what it is called, but you put it in presents and it's that curly looking stuff. I also cut a straw and poked into the foam to create a "milk shake, coke float", whatever you want to call it kind of look. Since it was Valentine's Day, I added the candy hearts to the glass just to be more festive!


Here is final picture! I wanted a better one, but the light at school made everything really bright.




It was a huge hit and everyone wanted to know how to make them, so I thought I would share it with you guys! You can use any kind of candy you want!! :)


Happy Making Friends!!

No comments: