3.02.2009

Snow Day

I love the snow!! Everything about it makes me happy. I love how everything is just a blanket of white! As we all know, living here in Georgia isn't exactly the best place to live if you like the snow. But yesterday was a good day...It started to snow around lunch time and I'm so glad that is snowed all day and evening. We even got to have our 1st fire of the winter!
I stayed home from church because Landon just needed a good nap (not one in the board room at church, haha) and it began to snow while I was here. Mom and Kacy got home from church and Mom and I were heading back out to go set up for Krista's shower at Stephanie's house. While we were setting up for the shower, it began to really snow. The entire time at the shower, people were just amazed that it was really snowing AND sticking!! I called Kacy to make sure he didn't put Landon to sleep before I got home because we definitely had to get pictures of his first snow because there is no telling when we might see it again....probably another 5 years or something! :)
I got home and our street was so pretty. I grabbed Landon, bundled him up and we went out to see what he thought. Now this child is an outside baby. He LOVES to be outside. He did like the snow, but he just couldn't quite figure out what this white stuff was that was falling from the sky. And why when he looked up these white things would fall in his eyes!! We put him down to get some pictures and he fell straight in the snow. Unfortunately, we didn't have any water resistant clothes for him so he couldn't really play in it. We just took some pictures and tried to stay warm outside.
I was super happy when I got up at 5 am this morning to get ready for school (yes, Gwinnett waits until 5 am to cancel...grrr) that they had indeed cancelled school for today!! YAY, just a lazy day with my little man and mom!! I have loved the extra day off and even got to catch up on some sleep this morning...Thanks mom! :)
So here are just a few pictures from our snow adventure yesterday....

Until our next snowfall,
B

And the snowflake fell right in front of my face...

Trying to sit in the snow!

Our pretty street :)

Eating the snowball Alex made him!

1 comment:

Mary Hudgins Balicki said...

Those are great pictures, Bailey!!!
I love that you were determined to let Landon bond with the snow. You're right, it might be another 5 years before he sees another. . .smart Momma!
xoxo~!
M