3.30.2009

Do you have Direct TV....

I so love listening to 1st graders and their conversations they have with each other when they think no adult is listening....it really makes me laugh!!
So this morning as I am aimlessly walking around the classroom getting stuff ready for the day, the kids are trickling in and I hear them all rambling about the Nickelodeon Awards (not really sure what this is, but I was informed by the radio this morning that it is like the Oscars for Nickelodeon) behind me....
Everyone: "Oh my gosh!! Miley Cirus won!!! I love her...She is so cute...etc, etc"

Boy 1: (from across the room) "G, do you have Direct TV?"
Boy 2: (from across the other side) "No....I have Comcast"
Boy 1: "Oh never mind, Comcast sucks so you wouldn't know what I'm talking about"
Boy 2: "No, Direct TV sucks. My mom and dad told me that we can't have Direct TV because it is bad and their satellites suck."
Boy 1: "Well, I'm not going to tell you what I was going to say because you're being mean!"

How do 1st graders know that SATELLITES suck?? Seriously...it's crazy to me. I just turned around and started laughing!

I seriously think I'm going to pick out a conversation every day and blog about it!! I only get through my days by laughing at them!! :)

1 comment:

Mary Hudgins Balicki said...

That's so funny, Bay!! :) Thanks for making me laugh. Tell your student that I like Comcast. ;)