7.21.2008

Beach Trips

I feel like I've been so out of touch the past couple of weeks, but it's been a crazy past couple of weeks. I left you last with Landon and I on our way to the beach!! :)
I loaded up Saturday the 5th with Landon, my grandmother, my aunt, and my three cousins all in one minivan!! That was a sight in itself! haha. We were trying to all go together to save on gas and we were pretty determined to do it. I was ok with it, but you have to understand that my three cousins that went with us are all between 5'10" and 6'2", and they were all cramped in the backseat. I felt bad for them, but I needed to be by Landon on the ride down so I sat up there with him. On the way down, we always go in two days just to make it easier on the little kids. We stop in Thomasville and get a hotel. All the little kids play and swim and we always make our anual trip to Ruby Tuesday to eat and get dessert! :) This year was a very smooth ride down with Landon and the gang. He did very good and really was a good car rider! We got up on Sunday and headed to the beach! Our beach trips are not like any other family beach trips. There are about 22 of us that go and everyone basically knows what room they stay in and what food they are going to cook. I definitely won't go in to every detail of the week, but it was a great week to be with family and "relax". It was just nice to just get away from the house. I didn't go down to the beach expecting to go out to the beach everyday, but I did make 2 appearances on the beach! The second one...probably a little too long for my pale little body and boy did I pay for it. But it was worth it now...I at least have tan lines to show for it! Landon did make 2 evening outings to the beach to put his feet in the sand and water. He loves the outside, so he was so happy to be out there looking at all the news things! All my family was so helpful with Landon and really made the week fun for me too!
I got a call on Wednesday that my brother was going to be having his baby sometime in those next couple of days so I started to prepare how I could get to them in South Carolina without having to go all the way back to Atlanta and then drive up to Myrtle Beach. I decided to fly on Saturday from Tallahassee to Charleston so that I could be with them when the baby arrived. This would be Landon's first airplane ride!! I absolutely love airports and love to fly so I was so excited to take him on one so early in his life! He did so good on both flights. I fed him before my first flight left and then he slept the whole plane ride to Atlanta. I had an hour layover and he ate then and then slept the whole way to Charleston. He was such a good trooper. My parents and brothers met me at the airport and then we made the 2 hour drive back to Myrtle Beach. We hung out on Sunday and then Monday was the big delivery day! I will post more about precious Adalyn Paige soon!! :) We stayed through Wednesday and then mom and I made the 6 hour ride home with Landon. He did very good on that ride also! It was so fun to take Landon on his first beach trip! I can't wait for next year when he will actually be able to play in the sand and water! :)
Several people mentioned to me that I needed to update the blog, but I don't have the pictures from the beach yet, so as soon as I do, I will put them up! I will also put pictures up soon of Adalyn!!

No comments: