1.25.2011

'Snow'mageddon 2011

We had our first real snow storm since the blizzard of '93 the week of January 10th. I don't think anyone really believed that it would be as bad as it was. (since we hardly ever believe the weather man down here in the south about snow ;)) And no ever really believed that they would cancel school for the WHOLE week. (now we are paying for it with no winter break), but we had the whole week off and it just made for some great family time. Landon and I stayed home Sunday night and we woke up to a blanket of white! It was breathtaking. It is times like this that sometimes I wish I lived in the north just so I could see this more often. I love it!! We packed everything up and headed to my parents house to shack up with them for how ever long we needed to. I seriously don't think I got out of my pajamas for 3 days! It was great!! We played in the snow on Monday and then after that it was an ice skating rink and Landon just enjoyed getting "ice cookies" for everyone. Jay got snowed in at his house in Grayson and then finally decided to venture to Conyers on Wednesday. He still couldn't get to so he bummed it with us until Thursday when it was a little safer for him to travel. We really had a great week off and enjoyed the extra family time!! :)

Landon didn't believe me that the snow would be cold on his bare feet...so I showed him. He quickly retracted that statement. :)

What we woke up to Monday morning!


this is Landon's "ice cookie" since the snow didn't really do what snow should

This was the only day that we would sink in the snow. After this we just ice skated on it! :)

Waiting to catch a snowball

Loving Joe's 4-wheeler from across the street!


No comments: